ISW-SWE at COP22!
The 22nd Conference of the Parties of the United Nation Framework Convention on Climate Change approaching! From 7 to 18 November in Marrakech in Morocco, the Parties will meet once again to ensure the continuation of the Paris Agreement. The agreement reached at the COP21 last December in Paris is coming into force on 4 November 2016, becoming the first universal climate agreement.
While 97 Parties have ratified the document so far, including 55 countries representing 55% of total carbon emissions, the COP22 aims to take the words into action. Thus, Parties and organizations in various countries are preparing to meet to discuss the implementation of the Agreement. The negotiations revolve around specific issues mentioned in the Paris Agreement, such as adaptation, mitigation, technology transfer, capacity building and transparency. An important point will bethe development of a Green Fund to assist in the implementation of these mechanisms.
The ISW-SWE at COP22
The ISW-SWE will also present at the COP22 as an organizer / co-organizer of some events in addition to participating in the programming of some partners.
The International Water Secretariat organized three side events in the green zone:
- “Water shortages and water privatization” – Workshop and youth debate co-organized with the European Youth Parliament for Water // 19h00-20h30 Tuesday, November 8, room 1
- “Youth and water governance “ – Session co-organized with the World Youth Parliament for Water and the UNESCO // 13.00-14.00 Wednesday, November 9, Pavillion UNESCO
- Commemorating Raymond Jost // Thursday, November 10th 13:30, the French Partnership for water stand
Furthermore, the ISW-SWE participate in several events of its partners:
- “Youth for Water and Climate: From Commitments to Action” – Working Session on the development of a youth platform // Tuesday, November 8 15.00-16.30, green area, salle7
- “Water Dialogues” – Discussion on the mechanisms of action (intervention Butterfly Effect) organized by the Moroccan and French governments, COP22, UNFCCC and INBO // 13h30-16h00 Wednesday, November 9, blue area, dining determine
- Session “Climate Change in Marrakech” and debate with climate actors of today and tomorrow – organized by the Water Agency Artois-Picardie // 14.30-17.00, green area, room 7
- “Paris Pact on water and adaptation to climate change: Results and prospects a year after the COP21″ – organized by INBO // Wednesday, November 9 19h00-20h30 blue zone