ISW-SWE, together with cewas, Global Water Partnership, Global Water Partnership Hungary, Global Water Partnership Central and Easter Europe, and Goodplanet Belgium is launching a call for applications to take part to the Youth for Water and Climate program ; a capacity building training targeting European youth aged 18-30 motivated to develop their professional and entrepreunarial skills in the water and climate sector.
What is the YWC program?
Climate change is disrupting weather patterns, leading to extreme weather events, unpredictable water availability, exacerbating water scarcity and contaminating water supplies. Today, a change in climate is felt primarily through a change in water.
The WYC program is an 8-month capacity-building program for young professionals in the water and climate sector. This program, financed by Erasmus+, targets youth aged 18-30, currently based in Hungary, France, Sweden, Belgium, and Slovakia, who wish to develop a bankable project in their communities or wish to pursue a career within an existing organisation in the water and climate sector.
The program will offer two five-day in-person workshops in Hungary and Sweden, a mentorship opportunity, support in finding an internship, a community of practice and a complete online curriculum to support youth who wish to further develop their professional skills and/or entrepreneurial skills in the water and climate sector.
Throughout the program, the young participants will have the opportunity to :
Check-out the complete call for application for more information
What are the selection criteria?
The YWC program is open to youth :
- 18-30 years old Currently living in one of the following countries: France, Sweden, Slovakia, Hungary, Belgium (you must be based in one of these countries for the entire duration of the program)
- Studying, working and/or volunteering in a field related to water and climate
- Strongly committed and interested in water and climate related issues (national, regional or international level)
- Motivated to take part in the program & availability to take part in all the program activities.
- Able to communicate in English
- Having an access to Internet
How can I apply?
First, make sure to read the complete call for application here.
Then, submit the following application form, including a short 2min video presentation and a 200-word essay (more information in the form)
Deadline : September 23rd 2021, 11:59 PM GMT
Have any questions?
For any questions, please contact Elysa Vaillancourt, Project Manager at the International Secretariat for Water: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the call for application here : Youth for Water and Climate Programme Call for application