On April 8th 2021, the EYPW coordinated a workshop on “water quality”, in the framework of the International Union for Conservation of Nature’s (IUCN) Global Youth Summit.
The workshop gathered around 40 participants from around the world and contributed to fostering the understanding of the global water quality challenges, guiding youth to take action locally and globally, and giving the floor to youth to share their inspiring stories related to water quality. The session gave the young people the opportunity to learn, share and advocate for protecting water and ensuring quality standards worldwide.
It included presentations on water quality actions on three levels: Research, Local Action, and Advocacy, followed by breakout rooms allowing deep-dive discussions, bringing together young leaders and experts.
The workshop included presentations from initiatives such as :
- Drink Pani, Amrita Gautam, Technical University of Cologne
- BOSAQ Future-proof drinking water solutions, Jacob Bossaer, CEO
- Mapping Water Taps in Kazakhstan, Laura Malikova, Association of practicing ecologists, Kazakhstan
- United Nations World water Quality Alliance (UN WWQA), Local Water Forums, Hasmik Barseghyan, European Youth Parliament for Water – EYPW
- UN WWQA Youth engagement initiative, Ioana Dobrescu, Wetskills foundation
Watch the webinar at this link.
Thanks to our partners to support our action of mobilization of the youth in Europe; the Water Agency Artois Picardie and the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation.